The Content Creation Dilemma
So I just finished redesigning my blog, for the 4th and hopefully the last time in a while, it looks amazing and minimal and has all the bells and whistles I've wanted, but I've just now realized that I am missing the most important thing: the content. I still haven't figured out what I want to write about, now being the person who I am, I have a ton of hobbies:
- Programming, specifically Web Development. that's why I chose to become a Computer Science Major, even though most people I've spoken to told me not to
- Tech in general, let that be hardware or software
- I love learning about how to make the most out of my time
- I am also interested in history, I enjoy learning about how people used to live back in the ol' days and how things we now see as a given were created or discovered
- And much more
When I originally had the idea to start a blog, I thought I am going to make a dev blog (i.e. write content and tutorials for developers) because that's what everyone I followed on the internet did, but now that I am able to start writing I've started to question what my content should be about, and I faced a bit of a dilemma
- On one hand, Anyone who knows about content creation knows that focusing on one topic, is extremely rewarding in terms of engagement (especially when that topic is programming), because there will be a big audience interested in that type of content
- On the other hand, what I enjoy the most is writing about a whole bunch of different things, but that means that I will get basically zero interest in my posts because no one will be interested in all of the topics that I will write about, which means I won't be able to turn this into a career and start earning money from it
So now I have to decide whether I want to write as a hobby about whatever I want and not receive any engagement or I could pick a topic and focus on that and potentially turn this whole thing into a career
I would have loved to end this post with
The plan right now is... but in all honesty, I don't have a plan and haven't yet figured out what my goal here is. If you've got something to say or if this post sparked some thoughts for you, feel free to toot me on Mastodon I'll read every single one!
if you've enjoyed this article,consider buying me a coffee. currently I am saving up for a better microphone!